We all love to come and enjoy the horses but we do need to remember that they, as we, have minds of their own. When you bring your child for lessons, come on in an “sit a spell”, its fun to watch the kids as their confidence grows while riding these beautiful animals.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Ranch and On To the New Year

For all of those who didn't make it to the L&H Ranch with us Saturday, I hate to say it, but you missed a good time. The girls got a huge kick out of the hay ride, including jumping of and racing to catch up with the wagon. We were fed well, like last time, and had a nice visit with the Hanson's. They had a beautiful display of Christmas houses all lit up in their dining room and a set of music boxes in the family room that were real neat to see. (Maguire and Mason really like them.) The girls even got to go see some brand new baby goats that were born just hours before they went out. (I took some pictures, but have been sick for the last few days, so I will have to add them later.) Kate is talking about us coming to visit again in the spring when all of their goats have had their babies, so keep that in mind if you would like to see a LOT of baby goats.

I am sad that with the weather and some schedule conflicts we haven't ridden in a while. Don't give up on us. We will be starting up again real soon. Remember that there will not be any riding on Saturday, but there will be a work day. So everyone plan on coming to the barn at 12:00 pm ready to do some cleaning. Susan will be there to let you know what needs to be done. If we have any muscle coming, we still have two very large posts in the arena that need to be pulled out. I think a good truck maybe in order here, although some digging may also help. For more details please contact Susan.

If all goes will are new Carroll College student instructors will be with us starting the 16th. I look forward to you all meeting each other. I think you will really like them, and they will bring a lot of fun to the group. Until then, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment